DEARBORN, MI – Video games such as Grand Theft Auto draw criticism in some circles for sexual and violent content, but the head of a design school says their overall visual style will influence future vehicle designs. Young car designers are taking cues from outré designers of video games, says College for Creative Studies President Richard Rogers, speaking at a J.D. Power and Associates roundtable here. “The aesthetics of video games will have an impact on car designs,” he says. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.