TROY, MI – Chrysler LLC’s decision to put its Dodge Viper business under “strategic review” marks a watershed moment for niche products, according to analysts and industry insiders. Niche vehicles and boutique brands represent opportunities for investors “outside the established mainstream,” suggests Scott Merlis, managing director of Michigan-based consultancy, Ducker Worldwide. As an example, Merlis cites Prodrive Ltd.’s 2007 acquisition of Aston Martin, for which the motorsports ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.