Plans by Malcolm Bricklin’s Visionary Vehicles LLC to form a joint venture with China’s Chery Automobile Co. Ltd are canceled, and he instead wants to contract production with three Chinese OEMs. Auto entrepreneur Bricklin says he has had talks with a dozen Chinese auto makers and plans to meet with another 10 in the next two months in order to realize his dream of selling Chinese-built vehicles in the U.S. “We’re only interested now in building up our own brand, with our own cars, with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.