PARIS – European auto makers are encouraging Visteon Corp. to develop an electrically powered supercharging system that will improve performance of small engines. Visteon's VTES in a 1.2L Fiat engine The supercharger is needed because internal combustion engine/electric hybrids – and the 42-volt systems that will power them – for the most part remain just out of reach. Visteon engineers are working with customers on engine projects for 2005-2006 that will use the Visteon ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.