Visteon Corp. President Michael Johnston believes “certain assets” of TRW Inc.’s automotive business may be ripe for the picking but is wary of debt incurred from TRW’s 1999 purchase of LucasVarity plc for $6.6 billion. “Certainly, the TRW businesses havebeen available in various parts for some period of time now and we’ve evaluated and looked at certain parts of their business,” Johnston says. “There are parts of it that would be interesting to us, but I think that anybody looking at it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.