VIENNA — OAO GAZ and Fiat SpA are considering using a Lancia platform for a future front-wheel-drive Volga, says Nikolay Pugin, president of GAZ. GAZ is looking at the 841 platform for its upcoming Volga 3103, the same platform expected to be used on the next-generation Lancia Kappa due in 2001. The front-wheel-drive Volga was shown in prototype form last year at the Moscow auto show. A production startup date has not been announced but may come after 2002. Fiat and GAZ currently have an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.