CHANGCHUN — First Auto Works-Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. begins production of its first luxury sedan Sept. 6. The joint venture rolled the first Audi A6 off the line here amid much celebration. With this product, Volkswagen AG now boasts the broadest product lineup in China. “We can now proudly claim to have launched an automobile that occupies a unique market position in the country with the world's largest population,” Franz-Josef Paefgen, chairman of VW's Audi AG division board of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.