VIENNA – Volkswagen AG is considering transferring production of some cars from Brazil to other countries to reduce the impact of the overvalued real, says Dietmar Korzekwa, head of VW’s Wolfsburg, Germany, plant. However, Korzekwa says any such move would be complicated by the high local content of the Brazilian-made VWs. The country's strengthening currency is making Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda. exports, including the Fox small car, unprofitable. “At the moment, we are almost glad ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.