BRATISLAVA, Slovakia – Volkswagen Slovakia a.s. may construct a third plant in Slovakia, in addition to its main factory in Bratislava, which produces cars and transmissions, and a smaller component plant in Martin, Central Slovakia. The new plant is needed for machining of castings made at Rautenbach Slovakia s.r.o. in Ziar nad Hronom, a subsidiary of the German supplier Rautenbach-Guss Wernigerode GmbH. VW Slovakia previously had selected a brownfield plant site in Rimavska Sobota, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.