VIENNA – Volkswagen Russia and GAZ will build more than 100,000 vehicles annually together in Russia, under a memorandum of understanding signed today. Full-scale production of VW and Skoda cars, including welding, painting and final assembly operations, will be put in place at GAZ’s passenger-car facility in Nizhny Novgorod. VW will provide product-specific tooling and equipment, as well as training for some 2,500 GAZ employees expected to be involved in the project. The German auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.