Volkswagen of America Inc. will offer telematics service by General Motors Corp.’s OnStar Corp. in its vehicles next year, beginning with the new Passat W-8 8-cyl. luxury sedan. Volkswagen will call the service “Volkswagen Telematics by OnStar,” and it will include safety, security and convenience features. OnStar Personal Calling, which allows drivers to make hands-free cell phone calls, and OnStar Virtual Advisor, which provides e-mail, news and traffic reports, also will be available.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.