Volkswagen AG has an assembly agreement in Malaysia, but it isn’t with Proton Holdings Bhd. After years of fruitless on-off talks with the national car maker about local assembly, VW has turned to conglomerate DRB-Hicom Bhd. DRB-Hicom tells the Malaysian Stock Exchange it has signed a memorandum of understanding with the German auto maker to begin assembly next year. “VW AG intends to grant DRB-Hicom the rights to manufacture and assemble complete-knocked-down models of Volkswagen ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.