SAO PAULO --Volkswagen AG will produce the new Polo at its refurbished Sao Bernardo factory, which now has a production capacity of 1,100 units per day, with 500 workers per shift and 2,300 robots, enabling the company to reduce production time from 12 hours to eight hours per vehicle. Parallel to the new Polo assembly line, the Gol production line, built 42 years ago, gradually is being dismantled. Huge curtains separating the two lines are being removed. The new production area has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.