BERLIN — Volkswagen AG saw third quarter profits jump 23.5% in the third quarter to E621 million (US$559 million) compared with E503 million (US$452 million) a year ago. Overall, Volkswagen group sales rose 1% to 1.2 million units in the quarter compared with 1.225 million units in the year-ago period. In Germany, Volkswagen’s home market, sales declined by 1.8% during the quarter to 233,000 units versus 238,000 units in third-quarter 2000. In the rest of Western Europe, Volkswagen ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.