SHANGHAI — Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. denies reports in the Chinese media that the leading automotive joint venture plans to stop producing its popular Santana model line by 2005. A company spokesman says the Santana models have continued to enjoy the biggest share in the country's car market and that the Santana still is the company's main product line. Shanghai-VW recently introduced new models to its lineup. But not only won't Shanghai-VW be dropping the model, it has no ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.