VIENNA – Volkswagen Slovakia a.s. is set to launch a 7-days-a-week production schedule at its plant in Bratislava, effective Sept. 2. The measure will be kept in place until mid-2011, officials say. The facility manufactured vehicles on a 7-day cycle prior to the global economic crisis. Volkswage Slovakia currently operates three shifts on a 5-day schedule and employs about 6,500 workers. Under the new plant, the auto maker will hire 1,000 new employees for full-time production on a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.