SAO PAULO -- Volkswagen AG’s plant in Taubate, Sao Paulo state, is the first within the German group here to earn an ISAO-14001 environmental ating. The Taubate facility employs 6,500 workers and produces 970 vehicles per day. The certification process began last year after implementation of the environmental management system, which cost $4.5 million. Included in that is a gas incineration system, that transforms solvents and paints into odorless gas and steam. Fuel oil has been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.