Volkswagen AG, Toyota Motor Corp. and DaimlerChrysler AG Chrysler Group’s Jeep brand all fell victim to recalls this week in the U.S. VW is calling back 311,047 ’98-’00 Passats and ’97-’99 Jettas for possible problems with the fuel tank filler neck, which could be damaged from a tire blowout. VW also is recalling 55,000 New Beetles, Jettas and Golfs built from October 2000 through October 2001 due to a possible electrical short in antilock brake control units that could cause a fire. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.