Volkswagen of America Inc. will sell at least two vehicles with 6-speed manual transmissions in the U.S. for the ’04 model year, and may offer its innovative new Direct Shift Gearbox as well, Ward's learns. For ’04 VW will market a sport package for the slow-selling Passat W8, the priciest of the Passat lineup, and the package will include the option of a 6-speed manual. The high-performance Golf GTi R32 also will have a 6-speed as its only available transmission. Diesel-powered ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.