GENEVA – The Chrysler Group will build about 20,000 Chrysler Crossfires in 2003, most of which will be shipped to North America, says Chrysler Group President and CEO Dieter Zetsche at the 2002 Geneva Motor Show. Approximately 15% or 3,200 units will be allocated to the international market. The 2-door sports coupe will be assembled in Germany by niche car maker Karmann, using almost 40% Mercedes-Benz parts, including its 3.2L 18-valve V-6 engine. The Crossfire was unveiled in January at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.