GOTHENBURG, Sweden – Volvo Car Corp. will add a new, smaller car to its lineup to reach its overall volume goal of 600,000 units a year, according to CEO Hans-Olov Olsson. "We are definitely looking into a smaller car that will bring us to our volume expectations," Olsson says at a recent industry conference. "When we enter the segment, it will be with the safest small car in the world." He does not give a date for the launch but says a production scenario of 600,000 units is a mid-term ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.