PHOENIX – Volvo Cars of North America LLC has an unqualified hit in its XC90 cross/utility vehicle. Launched in 2002 to strong reviews and even stronger sales, the XC90 finished 2003, its first full year in the U.S., selling 29,397 units. The number was large enough to distress established European mid-luxury CUV leaders BMW X5 (39,654 units) and Mercedes M-Class (32,179 units). Volvo XC90 V-8 bolsters best-selling European SUV lineup. Volvo's rivals had cause for concern. In 2004, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.