SAO PAULO -- AB Volvo may build medium-size trucks, from 9 tons to 16 tons, in Brazil at its factory in Curitiba, Parana, says Peter Karlsten, president of Volvo in Brazil. The company currently has a 28% market in heavy trucks. "This is a very interesting market, which sells nearly 25,000 units per year, but is also very competitive,” Karlsten says. Volvo currently produces medium-size trucks in Europe, expanding its share there after buying Renault SA’s truck division. Karlsten ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.