A hiring freeze at Ford Motor Co.’s Volvo Cars unit may cut its workforce by 1,000 people. Volvo says the hiring freeze, instituted in mid-August, may lead to 1,000 jobs that will not be replaced. At the time of the freeze Volvo had 498 open positions and has a yearly staff turnover that averages 200-500 people.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.