Volvo Cars, already an icon for automotive safety, unveils an $81 million world class safety and testing center in Gothenburg, Sweden, part of a plan to continue its reputation as the auto industry's safety leader. Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustav, Ford Motor Co. President Jacques Nasser and Wolfgang Reitzle, president of Ford's Premier Automotive Group, also took part in the opening of the center last week. Mr. Nasser says that Volvo's new test facility will be Ford's center of excellence ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.