LAGUNA BEACH, CA – Putting a V-8 engine in a vehicle for the first time means Volvo Cars is entering new markets and targeting buyers different from typical safety-conscious Volvo owners. “We’re still the same company, we’re just appealing to wider groups of people,” says John Neu, manager-product development for Volvo Cars of North America (VCNA). That includes consumers who want the power of a V-8 rather than the smaller engines that have been under Volvo hoods until now. (See ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.