GENEVA — Ford Motor Co.'s Premier Automotive Group is raising sales targets for Volvo Car Co. by about 15% says Sven Eckerstein, senior vice president and deputy chief executive officer of VCC. Eckerstein says the new target is 600,000 units worldwide by 2004. He promises that there will be new product lines to help meet the increased sales goal but declines to specify what they would be. However, Ward's Automotive International has learned from Volvo insiders that one of the new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.