Even Volvo is surprised by how many people remember the 1800ES. The ES wasn't the car that Simon Templar — the Saint — drove in the popular TV series; that was the sister P1800 coupe. It wasn't even the first sporting estate; that honor belongs to the Reliant Scimitar. And in its less than two-year life cycle, from launch in August 1971, Volvo built just 8,077 examples. But when Volvo unveiled the SCC — for Safety Concept Car — at January's North American International Auto Show in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.