LAS VEGAS – The addition of all-wheel drive is one in a series of moves by Volvo Cars designed to keep the current-generation S80 luxury sedan fresh for a couple more years. In July, the S80 gains AWD to further cement its status as the Volvo flagship, says Victor H. Doolan, president of Volvo Cars of North America, Inc. The move should give the large sedan “great competitive advantage over the Japanese,” in the segment, Doolan says, adding he expects AWD to account for about 15% of total ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.