DETROIT – Chalk up more kudos for Volvo Cars. On the heels of winning the North American Truck of the Year honors with its XC90 SUV, Ford Motor Co. reveals the Sweden-based auto maker will source all-wheel-drive systems to the parent company as the technology proliferates across its lineup. Volvo's AWD system on XC90 will migrate to other Ford vehicles. Richard Parry-Jones, group vice president-global product development and chief technical officer, tells Ward’s AWD will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.