Volvo Cars unveils a peppier version of its stalwart turbocharged inline 5-cyl. T5 engine for its S60 sedan and V70 wagon at the Birmingham International Motor Show. Volvo also mates a 6-speed manual gearbox to the T5 in the S60 in place of a 5-speed. The transmission, employed in Volvo’s R series of performance models, handles the T5’s additional torque. The V70 drops the manual transmission option and now only gets a 5-speed automatic, a Volvo spokesman says. '04 Volvo S60 The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.