Sweden’s AB Volvo plans to expand operations in Thailand after taking 100% ownership of its assembly plant in Samut Prakan, outside Bangkok. The Bangkok Post quotes an unnamed industry source as saying the auto maker intends to make Thailand the regional manufacturing hub for Volvo trucks and buses. Volvo has bought all the shares of Thai-Swedish Assembly Co. Ltd. from its partners Volvo Car (Thailand) Ltd., a subsidiary of Ford Sales & Service (Thailand) Co. Ltd., and Thai-Swedish ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.