NEW YORK – Without costly brick and mortar, Volvo Cars is targeting growth of its annual assembly volume to 500,000 units by 2008 and eventually rising to 600,000, according to a spokesman in Gothenburg, Sweden. Volvo will build about 415,000 units in 2003. Output of new ’04 Volvo S40 to move to Gent, Belgium, plant. Volvo plans to increase production at its two principal plants in Torslanda, Sweden, and in Gent, Belgium, by adding a third shift at both facilities. Torslanda ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.