Volvo AB CEO Leif Johansson says his plan to save SK3.5 billion ($338 million) by the end of 2003 from the integration of Renault SA’s truck unit and Mack Trucks Inc. into Volvo is "on track." Volvo purchased Renault RVI and Mack two years ago, making it the No.2 truck maker in the world. Volvo says working with its suppliers and cutting administrative costs helped it saved SK1.1 billion ($106.6 million) last year. Volvo also says it’s considering Asian acquisitions due to the lack of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.