I don’t know that I’ve ever felt safer driving through the mountains. It didn’t hurt, mind you, that I’d just run the gamut of briefings from Volvo Car officials touting the enhanced safety features of the soon-to-be launched XC90, the auto maker’s first luxury cross/utility vehicle. With dropoffs looming around nearly every Northern California curve, I was comforted by the presence of the reinforced boron steel roof panel (boron steel supposedly is five times stronger than normal steel) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.