SHANGHAI — Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. will build a new version of its popular Santana sedan starting late next year. The new Santana will be based on the new VW Passat, which was launched last year. Production will start at the end of 1999, with full-scale output beginning in 2000, the Wenhui Daily says. Analysts suggest VW is trying to counter the introduction of General Motors Corp.'s Buick at Shanghai General Motors (see p.6). The new Santana will be priced about ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.