Volkswagen AG and Toyota Motor Corp. are discussing possibly collaborating on developing vehicle information services for installation in models sold in Europe. A VW spokesman confirmed media reports, but did not provide any details of the possible partnership. Toyota and VW rival, PSA Peugeot Citroen, formed a joint venture last year to build a $1.2 billion small car plant in the Czech Republic with expected annual output of 300,000 units by 2005.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.