Volkswagen of America, Inc. plans to sell its luxury Phaeton in the U.S. at a starting price of $64,600 for the 4.3L V-8, while the top-of-the-line W-12-powered model will base at $79,900. The auto maker hopes to sell between 2,500 and 3,000 Phaetons in the U.S. during calendar year 2004. The base Phaeton will feature the 4.2L V-8, which produces 355 hp at 6,500 rpm. All Phaetons come standard with VW’s 4MOTION all-wheel-drive system, as well as an air-suspension system with electronic ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.