SAO PAULO – Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda. may move up the launch of the new Tupi. The Tupi, an intermediate car between the Gol and the Polo, was expected to be unveiled in April 2004, but sources now indicate it could bow in October at the Brazilian Car Fair in Sao Paulo. Meanwhile, VW has launched the Gol Special, a 1.0L, 4-door hatchback. The new car will be priced from $5,000. The Gol has been leading sales in Brazil for 15 years. Despite Fiat Automoveis SA having sold the most cars ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.