SAO PAULO – Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda. says it may stop selling vehicles fueled solely by gasoline within two to three years. “The tendency is to use flexible-fuel systems (that) accept gasoline or alcohol-based fuel,” says Paulo Sergio Kakinoff, director-sales and marketing. Only the Gol model currently has this option, a recent addition. In the first two weeks of availability, more than 5,000 flex-fuel Gols were sold. VW also plans to install the flex-fuel system, called Total Flex, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.