BRATISLAVA, Slovakia – Volkswagen Slovakia a.s. phases out assembly of the Skoda Octavia at its plant here. Almost 47,000 Octavias were assembled in Slovakia since March 2008. The largest markets for the Slovak-produced vehicle were Poland, Romania and Germany. When Skoda Auto a.s. and parent auto maker Volkswagen AG began preparations for the Slovak Octavia assembly in pre-financial-crisis times, production at all three of Skoda’s plants in Czech Republic were at capacity. However, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.