In the wake of a solid first quarter that saw Volkswagen AG increase its sales, revenue and operating profit, the auto maker cautions there is only “modest” growth ahead. VW reports global sales of 1.36 million units, up 15.1% compared with the first quarter of 2005. And its sales revenue jumped 21.4% to €25.3 billion ($31.9 billion), which contributed to a 55.1% hike in operating profit – before special items – to €726 million ($917 million). Meanwhile, the auto maker’s VW and Audi ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.