NEW YORK – The first quarter has been less than kind, but Volkswagen of America Inc. appears confident 2003 will shape up to be a pretty good year nonetheless. New Touareg SUV puts VW in full light-vehicle range. "I believe in my heart that we will beat 2002 (volume) by the end of the year," VWA President Gerd Klauss says, despite the slow start that has seen group sales slump 10.8%. The second half of the year will be much better, he predicts. Much of his optimism ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.