Volkswagen AG’s Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. China joint venture plans to increase output this year 18%. The 50/50 JV with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. (SAIC) now is slated to produce 330,000 vehicles in 2003, reports say, including the just-launched new Gol compact sedan.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.