Volkswagen of America Inc. is targeting sales of 100,000 Passats in calendar 2001, a 25% gain from the 80,000 units sold in 2000. VWA is launching the revamped Passat as an '01-1/2 model. A virtually identical '02 version will roll out in September. The redo takes the car upscale with a more refined look, an improved ride and a 20-hp boost for its base 4-cyl. engine (now rated at 170 hp). The car also gets six air bags, including side curtains. Prices start at $21,750, up $300 from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.