Volkswagen AG’s Puebla, Mexico, plant is facing a Sept. 3 strike deadline as union and management have been unable to come to terms on a new contract. The union is demanding a 9% pay raise, while VW has offered 3.5%. The original Aug. 18 strike date was postponed so negotiations could continue.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.