Volkswagen of America Inc. says it will offer its new Touareg SUV at a base price of $34,900 for the 6-cyl. version, while the up-level 8-cyl. model will carry a $40,700 base price. The pricing decision places the Touareg right in the middle of its luxury SUV competitors, including the Volvo XC90, BMW X5 and Mercedes-Benz ML. Volkswagen Touareg It also places the VW SUV significantly below the price of the Porsche Cayenne, which starts at $55,900 for the base model and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.