Amid slow sales for its Beetle small car, Volkswagen AG initiates a 3-day work stoppage at its Puebla, Mexico, plant. The closure will take place May 2-4 and will reduce production by 3,900 units. VW’s Puebla plant is the sole producer of the Beetle. The plant also produces the Jetta, Golf Cabrio and Golf sedans. Recent slowdown in demand for the vehicles, most notably the Beetle, caused VW to take action to reduce output. Workers idled as a result of the work stoppage are to be paid ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.