CHENNAI, India – Volkswagen AG is proceeding with plans to establish an Indian subsidiary, starting with the building of a bus plant in Tamil Nadu, where Hyundai Motor India Ltd., Ford India Ltd. and Hindustan Motors Ltd.-Mitsubishi Motor Corp. plants are located. A greenfield car plant in the special economic zone of Visakhapatnam, a modern port town in the state of Andhra Pradesh, Southeastern India, will follow later. (See related story: Volkswagen Studies India Manufacturing Project) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.