VIENNA –Volkswagen AG signs a deal with PT Indomobil Sukses Internasional Tbk to assemble cars in Indonesia. Assembly of the VW Touran multipurpose vehicle from semi-knocked-down kits will start this summer at Indomobil. Volkswagen plans to assemble several hundred Tourans this year, with plans to increase future output. “In a further step, CKD (complete-knocked-down) production of (Volkswagen) Group vehicles from 2012 is conceivable,” the German auto maker says in a prepared statement. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.